Apparel Textile Sourcing Canada is proud to announce the following show partners:
- TopTenWholesale.com is the USA’s leading business trade platform. Locate wholesalers, wholesale products, importers, distributors and dropshippers. Millions of retailers, chain stores, boutiques, dropshippers, auctioneers, Ebay & Amazon sellers, fleamarketers and other resellers have used TopTenWholesale.com to find wholesalers, manufacturers, importers, distributors and trading companies.
- Manufacturer.com is a global business to business trade platform based in Los Angeles, California that connects buyers and sellers throughout the world. Manufacturer.com has a primary goal to help entrepreneurs, small businesses, and enterprise level businesses work safely with verified suppliers.
- Established in October 1988, the China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textile and Apparel (CCCT) registers 12,000 member enterprises whose export and import trading volume in textile and apparel accounts for 70 percent of the nation as a whole. CCCT is the most industrially symbolized trade agency on the front of external trade of Chinese textile and apparels.
- Established in September 1963, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Jiangsu Sub-Council (CCPIT, Jiangsu Sub-Council), is a provincial branch of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and also a nongovernmental foreign trade and economy organization consisting of famous personages, enterprises, associations and organizations in the economic and trade field of Jiangsu Province.
- The Canadian Apparel Federation (CAF) is the national association for Canada’s apparel industry. CAF is made up of firms from across the country, and represent the full range of firms that make up the industry, form small suppliers to national brands and vertically integrated retailers. Members of the Federation account for a majority of the apparel sold in Canada.
- CanadianMerchandiser.com is the online connection for wholesalers and retailers in the Canadian general merchandise industry. Buyers search our online directory by company, product category, product, service or location with no membership fee!
- Fashion Business Inc. (FBI) is the fashion industry’s leading resource for turning concepts and businesses into a profitable reality. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing world-class industry education, technical training, sourcing, networking, operations, marketing, mentoring and consulting services. FBI’s global resource center along with our unique educational opportunities offers our members the tools and resources they need to build a successful fashion business.
- TESTEX is an independent Swiss textile testing and certification organization. It has been testing, analyzing and certifying with the focus on the textile sector since 1846. This long-established company has become highly regarded, initially in Europe and subsequently also worldwide, for its high-quality services, its independence and its innovative energy. TESTEX has been a member of the OEKO-TEX® Association since 1993.
- The mission of Apparel Business Review is to create a network of people who can share their experiences, resources, and talents with each other. In today’s world, networking and collaboration is more important than ever. ABR provides a platform from which people can gain knowledge, acumen and establish lasting professional relationships from within the apparel industry and beyond.
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) is the largest factory-based certification body in the apparel and footwear sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, USA, WRAP is an independent, objective, non-profit team of global social compliance experts dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing around the world through certification and education.
- Luggage, Leathergoods and Accessories Magazine is Canada’s magazine for the travel, business & fashion accessory industry. Celebrating 50 years of success!
- Wingold Tycos is Toronto’s hottest fashion district. One concentrated area that has hundreds of the hottest brands of clothing, outerwear, fashion accessories, hosiery, shoes and much more, for men, women & children.
- FashionJobs.com, established in 2001, is the leading recruitment website for fashion, textile, luxury and beauty professionals. The website has over 4 million visitors per month and is active in over 70 markets. FashionJobs.com corresponds to a need for a specialized job search platform for fashion professionals and it has been able to effectively deliver over 20,000 monthly job postings worldwide. The site has longstanding partnerships with all the major fashion, luxury and beauty brands as well as small emerging labels and top recruitment agencies.
- www.fashionmag.com is a business information site for fashion professionals. FashionMag.com publishes daily newsletters in 10 languages worldwide. With more than 800,000 subscribers, FashionMag.com is the leading source of information for the world’s fashion professionals.
- NGC Software is a leading provider of fashion PLM, supply chain management (SCM), apparel ERP and shop floor control software and services for brands, retailers and consumer products companies. NGC solutions help optimize lead times, increase profitability, reduce costs, improve product quality, and manage compliance and testing. NGC was recognized as a leader in 34 categories in the 2015 RIS News Software Leaderboard and has received top rankings by leading industry analysts and other media.
- ProColombia is the government promotion agency in charge of promoting trade, foreign investment, international tourism, and country brand. Through its national and international network of offices, ProColombia offers support and advise to companies interested in exploring Colombia and potentially developing business opportunities, as well as providing assistance to Colombian companies in the execution of their international strategy.
- Trade Facilitation Office Canada (TFO Canada)
Founded in 1980, by the Canadian International Development Agency, to promote sustainable economic development through trade, TFO Canada is a non-profit organization helping SME exporters from developing countries achieve success in the Canadian market. It has been the primary provider of practical commercial information, advice and contacts in the Canadian market. Our mission is to improve lives through the creation of sustainable trade partnerships for exporters from developing countries with Canadian and foreign buyers.
- Vertical RISC, Inc., is a boutique consultancy providing comprehensive guidance across design, product development, international sourcing, production and logistics functions within the global apparel industry. Vertical RISC advises both new and existing brands, retailers and supply chain partners on standard operating procedures required from project concept to completion in order to avoid costly gaps and blindsides within the product development life cycle. Particular attention is paid to implementing & monitoring programs for corporate social responsibility & compliance, and consumer product safety standards to ensure products are manufactured ethically & transparently, and in accordance with multiple regulatory requirements.
- California Apparel News is an industry leading publication for fashion industry professionals. It has been a front-runner in covering Los Angeles Fashion Week; supporting industry-specific organizations such as the California Fashion Association, Fashion Business Inc., and the Textile Association of Los Angeles; and sponsoring such events as Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Smashbox Studios and the L.A. Fashion Awards.
- Pro Mexico is the government promotion agency for Mexico with the strategic location, excellent supply chains, fiscal stimulus and a talented workforce that makes Mexico one of the best places to do business in the world.
Colleges and Universities
- At Seneca School of Fashion, students study design, drafting, knitwear design, textiles, the history of fashion, computer-aided design and production methods. Through field placements, design competitions and end-of-year runway shows, they are given the opportunity to experience the industry, build connections and developing individual creativity and growth.
- At the Toronto Film School students learn how to take a fashion design from concept through to finished product and onto the runway. The program prepares them for the business of fashion, including marketing yourself and building industry recognition through national fashion competitions. Additionally, the Marketing for Fashion & Entertainment Diploma blends fashion and marketing across the entertainment industry.
- Canada’s fashion capital is at the George Brown College School of Fashion Studies. Our program in fashion teaches the design and business side of fashion, which exposes students to retail operations, wholesale management and import/export activities. Our Jewellery programs prepares students to work in the fine jewellery industry. Through the School of Fashion Studies, students have the ability to showcase their unique talents and take their place in the world of apparel or jewellery.
- LaSalle College Toronto School of Design is one of the 22 establishments of the LaSalle College worldwide network. LaSalle College has become the most widespread Canadian educational institution worldwide. Our Toronto campus offers an in-class fashion program, which aims to develop an individual’s passion for fashion, enhance sewing skills, learn pattern making, and create figure forms.
- Humber College offers three dynamic, broad based programs focused on the business side of fashion; a two-year Diploma in Fashion Arts, a four-year Degree Bachelor of Commerce in Fashion Management and a one-year Post Graduate Certificate in Fashion Management & Promotions. All programs focus on the marketing, merchandising, product management and sales sides of the Apparel and Accessory categories. Courses cover content in product development, branding, fashion buying and retailing, international marketing, and product management.
- Fashion Design at Fanshawe College is a three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma co-op program. Fanshawe College is a student-focused organization dedicated to supporting and nurturing aspiring Canadian fashion designers. Supported by a faculty team with a passion for the fashion industry, students develop their creative design skills, apparel production technologies, visual communications, and business marketing skills in order to prepare for a future in the various sectors of the rapidly changing global fashion industry.
- The Fashion Business and Management program at Centennial College helps students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become future business leaders in the fashion industry. Students develop through practical exercises and a comprehensive understanding of business management practices specific to the fashion industry which they put to practice in a field placement during the final semester.
- The Ryerson School of Fashion aims to create change by inspiring and equipping graduates to lead a physically and emotionally sustainable fashion future. The curriculum and culture is shaped by our three guiding principles; heritage, diversity and innovation. Students learn to work collaboratively to develop professional and interpersonal skills through a variety of academic and industry experiences such as exchanges, internships, professional events, and competitions.
Attendance is FREE and open to the trade.