Apparel Textile Sourcing (ATS) considers your privacy to be very important. We follow the privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement, and are registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s safe harbor program.
Information We Collect:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as searches of our advertisers database and accessing information, forums and articles on the Websites. For other services, such as posting to the forums or the free classified and for setting up an advertising account, we may collect the following types of information:
- Member Information – When you become a Member, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, your firms address, a user ID and an account password. We may provide Member Information to companies or individuals who may wish to contact you to offer their goods or services.
- Personal Information – Personal Information includes Member Information. In addition, for our advertising programs, we also require credit card or other payment account information. We maintain credit card and other payment account information in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not provide credit card information, your user ID or any password to anyone outside of ATS.
- Server logs – When you visit one of our Websites our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These Server Logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit and the identity of any cookies that were sent to your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to ATS, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Newsletter requests – When you join one of our mailing lists you provide us with Personal Information such as your name and email address. We use this information to deliver newsletters to you.
- Affiliated sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to ATS in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – ATS may gather information about which links have been followed on our Websites. For more information about links, URLs and information embedded in Links, please see our Definitions.
How We Use Information We Collect:
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising.
- Auditing and conducting research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our Websites, and Developing new services.
ATS processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to deliver the services that we provide and, in some cases, we may process Personal Information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices For Personal Information:
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services. In that case, however, ATS may not be able to provide those services to you.
ATS only shares Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of ATS in the following limited circumstances:
- We may provide Member Information, such as your email address, to companies or individuals who may wish to contact you to offer their goods or services. We do not provide credit card information, your user ID or any password to anyone outside of ATS.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation or Valid Legal Process (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, ? detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of ATS, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of Aggregated, Non-personal Information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisers link or searched for a particular term, for example. Such information does not identify you individually.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to Personal Information to ATS employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
ATS processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this privacy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information:
When you use ATS services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information that they want to access, correct or remove before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that we cannot authenticate, would jeopardize the privacy of others, would require us to access information that is not readily accessible or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Changes To This Policy:
ATS Privacy Definitions:
- Personal information is information that you provide that identifies you. Personal information includes Member Information, such as your name, email address and your firms name, as well as credit card information.
- Member Account means the account that you created on any of the Websites in order to advertise or to use certain services. You can edit or terminate your Member Account at any time through the Website with which you have the Member Account.
- Server logs are records that our servers create when you visit our sites. Server Logs include your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit and any cookies assigned to your browser.
- Link Information means information that we receive when a visitor clicks on a link on one of our Websites. ATS uses this information to see how visitors use our site and services. We also use this information to count how many times visitors clicked on advertisements in order to know how much to charge the advertiser.
- Sensitive personal information includes information generally considered to be confidential. Examples include medical information, racial or ethnic origins, age, political or religious beliefs or similar information that is tied to personal information. ATS does not collect such information, unless volunteered by you in a public forum, which we highly recommend that you do not do.
- Aggregated non-personal information means information, including Personal Information and Member Information, about users or Members that is stripped of personally identifiable information and collected into groups that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. ATS may use Aggregated non-personal information to identify user trends and to improve the efficiency and usefulness of the Websites.
- URLs and embedded information mean the uniform resource locators (“URLs”) of web pages that you request by clicking on an advertisers link. When you click through to an advertiser, ATS will receive and store the URL of the web sites you visit. The URLs that we receive when you click through to an advertiser does not include any Personal.For example, when you submit information to a web page (such as a user login ID or registration information), the operator of that web site may “embed” that information – including personal information – into its URL (typically, after a question mark (“?”) in the URL). When the URL is transmitted to ATS, our servers automatically store the URL, including any personal information that has been embedded after the question mark. ATS does not exercise any control over these web sites or whether they embed personal information into URLs.
- Valid legal process means the process that the government or a private litigant must follow in order to obtain information from a third party, such as ATS, and includes search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas. The laws of the place where you live provide the protections you have against intrusions by the government or individuals into your private affairs. ATS will comply with information requests resulting from Valid legal process but will not otherwise give Personal or Member Information to the government or third parties.