Sustainable, Ethical Apparel Practices – The Canadian Way
This panel discussion will focus on how Canadian companies infuse sustainable practices into their respective business models. We’ll hear directly from successful Canadian owned and operated apparel businesses leaders on how they pull off success and sustainability side by side. The panel will include:
– Kathy Cheng, President & Founder, Redwood Classics Apparel and WS & Company Ltd., discussing her Made-in-Canada story that stresses quality, integrity, and sustainability.
– Julia Grieve, Canadian fashion designer will give light to how her brand Preloved uses sustainable practices to create and thrive in the world of fashion.
– Kelly Drennen, Founder of Fashion Takes Action, whose main focus is on responsible consumption and production and supporting human rights in the fashion industry, will share her vision.
– Helen Harakas, Executive Director of ATSC’s Charity of Choice, Brands For Canada, will discuss how donating extends the life of clothing.
– Clay E. Hickson, Vice President of Strategy and Business Development for Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)— the independent, non-profit global social compliance organization dedicated to promoting safe and ethical manufacturing around the world —will moderate the panel.